Nevada Politics, Upcoming Elections, Candidates, Political News, Local Politics
Practice What You Preach:
NV Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist Loses Custody
Going to a family therapist for sound advice or a guide to ethical decisions? If you live in Nevada, you may want to think again. Could very well be the advice they give actually will make your situation worse…and even lose your child!
Clark County, Nevada
September 21, 2015
The State of Nevada Board of Examiners for Marriage and Family Therapists & Clinical Professional Counselors governs therapists in this state and are under the guidelines of (NRS) Nevada Revised Statues CHAPTER 641 & CHAPTER 641A in the Nevada Administrative code.
Basically they are supposed to act like a licensed psychologist, clinical counselor, or certified behavior interventionist…and have the same ethics, too.
In the case of Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist Dr. Yolanda A. Trevino, this hasn’t been the case. For example, according to November 2014 Justice of the Peace case (#14F17343X), an arrest warrant was issued to Trevino for non-sufficient funds/checks and theft - both of which are felonies - totaling just over $75,000…!!!
In addition, there are NRS, NAC, and AAMFT (American Associations for Marriage & Family Therapists) code of ethics violations by her having children - and even her own child - evaluated by a doctor that works for her. This would be like going to Gotham City and having The Riddler hire the Joker to see if you are crazy. For a list of ALL the NRS, NAC, AAMFT codes that have been broken, see the bottom of the article…
In the meantime, let’s look at some of the “therapeutic behaviors” this therapist practices in her own life, according to an evidentiary hearing affidavit filed in a recent investigation (Case #D-07-384539):
1) Trevino fails to co-parent excessive days missing from child’s school.
2) Trevino medicates the child unnecessarily
3) Trevino gives medication to Dad with no instructions on how to use them or what they are for.
4) Trevino does not provide medical records or communicate with the father about doctor visits.
5) Trevino alienates child from Dad.
6) Trevino changes a nannie and babysitters every 8-12 weeks leaving them to care for the child while Mom is out almost every night until 3am.
7) Trevino takes trips leaving the child to be cared for by someone who has no relationship with the child.
8) Trevino leaves daughter home alone with random men whom she only knows for days.
9) Trevino asked her bodyguard to set up (Dad) Michael Broadway, by planting cocaine in his car so he can be arrested.
10) Trevino makes her minor child, who is now 8 years, old feel guilty about visiting her father to the verge of tears.
11) Trevino was observed giving her child ice cream, chocolates, cream soda for breakfast after the doctor told her she needs to improve her daughter diet.
12) Trevino is paranoid constantly changing her phones and inventorying the contents of her purse.
13) Trevino offered to pay her bodyguard an additional $1000 per month for him to find someone she can have sex with 3 times per day or multiple men for her to have sex with 3 times per day.
14) Trevino lived with and would leave her daughter alone with a man that was arrested for Medicaid Fraud and under investigation for lewdness and sexual assault accusations.
15) Trevino also was living with a man that is around her daughter who is a known criminal and has gang affiliated tattoos associated with the Mexican mafia.
16) Trevino takes a drug cocktail of several prescription drugs for migraines, depression and other general issues.
17) Trevino was living with a man that was arrested for punching a homeless man in the head and later died from his injuries. He was imprisoned for Battery Causing Substantial Bodily Harm and currently has no driver’s license but was allowed to drive the minor child. Trevino and child were ousted out of their own home by the same individual and that forced Mom and child to live in a Hotel.
Welcome to the morals and ethical standards of Clark County’s Marriage and Family Therapists! Here are the ethical codes being broken:
1.13 Relationships with Third Parties.
Marriage and family therapists, upon agreeing to provide services to a person or entity at the request of a third party, clarify, to the extent feasible and at the outset of the service, the nature of the relationship with each party and the limits of confidentiality.
3.12 Professional Misconduct.
Marriage and family therapists may be in violation of this Code and subject to termination of membership or other appropriate action if they: (a) are convicted of any felony; (b) are convicted of a misdemeanor related to their qualifications or functions; (c) engage in conduct which could lead to conviction of a felony, or a misdemeanor related to their qualifications or functions; (d) are expelled from or disciplined by other professional organizations; (e) have their licenses or certificates suspended or revoked or are otherwise disciplined by regulatory bodies; (f) continue to practice marriage and family therapy while no longer competent to do so because they are impaired by physical or mental causes or the abuse of alcohol or other substances; or (g) fail to cooperate with the Association at any point from the inception of an ethical complaint through the completion of all proceedings regarding that complaint.
Marriage and family therapists who are in a supervisory role are aware of their influential positions with respect to students and supervisees, and they avoid exploiting the trust and dependency of such persons. Therapists, therefore, make every effort to avoid conditions and multiple relationships that could impair professional objectivity or increase the risk of exploitation. When the risk of impairment or exploitation exists due to conditions or multiple roles, therapists take appropriate precautions.
4.2 Therapy with Students or Supervisees.
Marriage and family therapists do not provide therapy to current students or supervisees.
4.6 Existing Relationship with Students or Supervisees
Marriage and family therapists are aware of their influential positions with respect to supervisees, and they avoid exploiting the trust and dependency of such persons. Supervisors, therefore, make every effort to avoid conditions and multiple relationships with supervisees that could impair professional judgment or increase the risk of exploitation. Examples of such relationships include, but are not limited to, business or close personal relationships with supervisees or the supervisee’s immediate family. When the risk of impairment or exploitation exists due to conditions or multiple roles, supervisors document the appropriate precautions taken.
State of Nevada Board of Examiners for Marriage and Family Therapists & Clinical Professional Counselors: See website: http://marriage.nv.gov/Services/MFT/
(AAMFT) American Association for Marriage and Family Therapist Code of Ethics: see website: https://www.aamft.org/iMIS15/AAMFT/Content/legal_ethics/code_of_ethics.aspx
(VIPI) Veterans In Politics International
Established in 1993:
Mission: To educate, organize, and awaken our veterans and their families to select, support and intelligently vote for those candidates whom would help create a better world, to protect ourselves from our own government(s) in a culture of corruption, and to be the political voice for those in other groups who do not have one.
For information or if you would like to become a member or donate to our cause please visit www.veteransinpolitics.org we are a not for profit.
Steve Sanson President VIPI
“Could you just imaging if all of us come together and get involve! We can change the world as we know it! We can compete against money and power... Because the real power are in numbers!”
Karen Steelmon Auxiliary Director VIPI
“As we approach the 2016 elections, it is becoming apparent that many candidates in Nevada are clamoring for recognition, by any means available to them. I can't say that I find fault with that....if I were a candidate I'd probably want the same thing. However, I want to point out, to the candidates and the voters, that most of the candidates whom have had zero to say in the last 2 years, are now suddenly interested in posts, and making comments that will clearly get them noticed by the people who follow those posts. Coming from candidates whom have never showed any support or interest in organizations that devote their efforts to helping keep the community educated and informed is obviously nothing but courting for votes and support 5 minutes before an election. I'm putting everyone on notice that these actions will be referenced in the future 2016 Voters Guide.”
Vicky Maltman Auxiliary Director VIP Northern Nevada Chapter
Dennis Egge President VIP Hawaii Chapter
Reginald Angus Argue President VIP Canada Chapter
“Positive changes comes from those, who are willing to stand in the middle of a political hurricane; all in an effort to protect other’s basic rights and freedoms.”
Veterans Day Parade
Veterans In Politics, International will have a float in the Veterans Day Parade on Wednesday November 11, 2015 at 10am. If you would like to participate in the parade with us, please email, call, or text VIPI Auxiliary Director Karen Steelmon (email@example.com) for parade details. You do not need to be a VIPI member nor a veteran to support VIPI and participate in the parade.
All candidates running for office in 2016 are invited to join us.
Karen Steelmon VIPI Auxiliary Director 702.238.5134
“Judge Mark Stevens” ‘speaker for the Valentine’s Day Ball & Gala’
Get Your Tickets Today!
In other News (click onto links):
“Did Child Protective Services and a Family Court Judge Fail To Protect a Child?”
Judge refuses to enforce court order:
Good Old Boys Retaliate:
CCSD Teacher & Former Clark County Candidate Charged with Strangling his Ex-Wife:
# # #
Veterans In Politics internet talk show:
*If you would like to be a guest on our show please contact: email firstname.lastname@example.org or if you would like to place a commercial on anyone of our shows please dial 702 283 8088.
*If you would like to visit any of our archived interviews or find out who is going to be interviewed next go to; http://www.vegasallnetradio.com/veterans-in-politics.html
Veterans In Politics International
Post Office Box 28211
Las Vegas, NV 89126
702 283 8088